If things start to go wrong at work it can be hard to know where to turn for help.

Sometimes there are problems between work colleagues or between managers and other employees. In other cases problems can be created by decisions taken by a business, such as decisions to make someone redundant from their job.

If an employment issue is starting to cause problems for you it might be worth looking at the legal position. You might have access to a Union at work which could advise you. If not, there are other sources of help out there - for example Citizens Advice has a range of information about your rights at work, and how to approach different problems - take a look on their self-help advice guide.

For some employment problems you can get support from lawyers to represent you and to make sure you are treated fairly. See our types of lawyers' page for information about how different lawyers can help and how to find one.